Butternut squash soup
ham, cucumbers and Alouette mini
Butternut Squash Soup
1 large butternut squash (cooked--see below)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, sliced
2-3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1/2 can coconut milk
Cooking the butternut squash (choose one of the following:)
Roast butternut squash in the oven at 400°F
If you cut in in half, roast cut side up for 50-60 minutes.
If you cut it in cubes, roast for 35 minutes
(roast until fork tender)
Cut in half and place in a Crockpot or slow cooker.
Add a cup of water and cook on high for 2 hours (low for 4)
(a friend of mine suggested I left it whole, but I haven't tried it yet.)
If you have no time roasting or slow cooking,
just cut squash into cubes and boil until tender.
1. In a large pot, saute the garlic and onions in olive oil.
2. Spoon out the squash meat into the pot and stir.
3. Add broth and coconut milk and stir.
4. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes
5. Use an immersion stick blender or puree in food blender
or food processor until smooth and creamy.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Also, I packed my leftovers in EasyLunchBoxes.
I reheated the soup and it did not stain or melt the ELB!